Français: Politique de confidentialité
Español: Política de privacidad
Italian: Politica sulla privacy
What Kind Of Information We Collect
- When You Create A Migraine Buddy Account
If you want to access data collected by your Device, you must create a Migraine Buddy account. When you create a Migraine Buddy account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address and a password. Your email address will be used to log-into your account.
You can also create your Migraine Buddy account using a different credential such as a Facebook or Google account. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Migraine Buddy’s access to that account.
- When You Add Information to Your Profile
You can customize your Migraine Buddy experience by adding other types of information to your account, such as: Name, Gender, Birthdate.
- When You Record Data
Full use of Migraine Buddy requires that you record information related to your migraines, such as your pain intensity, your pain location, your symptoms, your triggers, your medication, your reliefs, your menstruation, etc.
- When You Sync Your Device
When you sync your Device through Migraine Buddy, data recorded on your Device about your activity is transferred from your Device to our servers. This data is stored and used to provide Services and is associated with your account. Each time a sync occurs, we log data about the transmission. Some examples of the log data are the sync time and date, device battery level, and the IP address used when syncing.
- When You Contact Us For Help
Whenever you contact Migraine Buddy for help, we collect your email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Services. If you contact us when you are already logged in to your account, the web form automatically pre-fills this information, so you don’t have to type it manually. You can also contact Migraine Buddy on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
- When You Invite Buddies
You can invite your buddies who are already Migraine Buddy users or invite friends who have not yet joined. You can invite Buddies in several ways, such as by providing their email addresses, or by accessing social networking accounts or from the contact list on your phone. When you share your Buddies’ contact information with us to add them as a friend, we will only use it for this purpose. We do not store your phone’s contact list, and it is deleted immediately after it is used for this purpose.
- When You Activate Location Features
The Services include features that require the collection of specific location data, including GPS signals, in order to detect weather parameters (humidity, pressure, temperature) which can trigger your migraines. We only collect this type of data when you activate a location feature. We stop collecting this type of data when you deactivate the feature. We store this information in your Migraine Buddy account.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Personal information can include the email address and password provided at sign-up, as well as gender and geographic location, first name, last name, phone number, and date of birth of a person who has downloaded, accessed and used Services in connection to the App (“User”).
We may use your Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments and posts on different platforms such as social media or to send newsletters to you in order to inform you of our present and upcoming services.
- To send you news and research-based migraine information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To allow you to send messages or invites to a friend through the applications
- To personalize your experience on the app
- Under the following circumstances: (a) under applicable law (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence.
How We Use Your Data
By using, accessing and inputting information in the App, you agree that any and all migraine data (excluding personal information) that you have entered or may enter at a future time, into the App, as well as any data you may enter into related features or Services of the App (which are not present at the moment within the App, but which may be introduced at any time in the future), you consent to the compilation, processing, analyzing as well as anonymous disclosure of the resulting statistics to a third party.
(i) Where do we store your data:
We store your data (self-recorded data, phone sensor data and analytics data) in controlled cloud servers, and on some third-party servers than are used as Healint’s Data Processors, such as AWS.
PII data is stored in a physically segregated database from the rest of the data (self-reported episode data, sleep, etc.).
(iI) How is your data encrypted:
We encrypt all communications with SSL. It ensures that nobody can look at the data exchanged between Healint’s servers and the Migraine Buddy application.
All data are separated in silos in different micro-services that represent logical blocs for the platform (e.g. 1 for the migraine, 1 for the sleep, 1 for medication…).
(iii) GDPR compliance
Our platform is fully GDPR compliant. We store patient data in different geography (EU, US, Singapore/Rest of the world).
Aggregating anonymised user statistics allows us to enhance our services through the provision of insights that can not only help users and physicians understand the causes of migraines, but also show how a population responds to treatment methods and medications. The main objective of data collection is to assist and further migraine research as well as improve and quantify our services. In lieu of these objectives, the above mentioned compilation, processing, analysis, and anonymous disclosure of statistical information may be conducted with the purpose of:
1) Developing anonymous aggregated reports, analysis, charts, tables, infographics in order to:
- Develop and improve the Crowdsourced Search Engines (how many users record a specific word)
- Work with external researchers to improve algorithms and develop new individualized algorithms meant at improving your experience including “migraine prediction,” “activity detection,” and “trigger learning,” without being limited to those.
- Compare different migraine population groups for our understanding, as well as for communication and awareness of migraine.
- Participate in academic research with a resulting publication, sponsored by Healint or a Third Party (cf, Disclosing Statistics To A Third Party).
You can still opt-out at any time by going into “My profile” and adjust the “opt-in for research” button.
2) Improving Healint’s algorithms in order to:
- Improve Machine Learning and affiliated services
- Create groups or customized patterns
You can still opt-out at any time by going into “My profile” and adjust the “opt-in for research” button.
3) Quantifying how Healint’s services are utilized
4) Developing consequently related new products, services and features which may be used to improve the App or may be sold to you or a third party.
Disclosing Statistics and Data To A Third Party
Your statistics and/or data may be disclosed to a third party in the following instances:
1) As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, your personal information and data may be part of the transferred assets.
2) We may also disclose your data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public.
3) Fully anonymised statistics derived from data collection can be included in anonymous & aggregated reports, analysis, charts, tables, infographics to support research and awareness of migraine, more in How We Use Your Data, 1).
We store your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as you maintain a Migraine Buddy account. Once the account is deleted, your Personally Identifiable Information will be removed within 30 calendar days.
How To Edit or Modify Data
Personal information and data that you provide to Migraine Buddy can be modified from your Migraine Buddy account (ex: modify your user’s email address from your Migraine Buddy profile). If you remove migraine and sleep data from your account, it will no longer appear to you. Backups of that data will remain associated with your Migraine Buddy account and in our archive servers. It is important to note that the data on the aforementioned backups is only deleted once the account is deactivated, and this occurs within 30 days of deactivation.
How To Deactivate Your Migraine Buddy Account
You can deactivate your Migraine Buddy account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in new tab) from your user’s email address or by deleting it directly InApp (My profile > Delete). When you do, data that can identify you will be removed from the Services, including but not limited to your email, name, Buddies list and links to sites such as Facebook. Backup copies of this data will be removed from our server based upon an automated schedule, which means it may persist in our archive for a short period, and to a maximum of 30 days. Healint may continue to use your de-identified information after you deactivate your account. De-identified information is fully anonymised and there will be absolutely no way to trace any of this information to your personal identifiable information. It is important to note that the identifiable data on the aforementioned backups is only deleted once the account is deactivated.
If you are under sixteen, please do not submit any Personal Data and Information through the App or our website without consent from a parent or guardian. Parents who are using the App and our website for their children who are under 16 will be responsible for any data and Personal Information they enter into the App.
Migraine Buddy is, under no circumstances, meant to make a diagnosis or provide treatment for migraines or any other related health condition. For a proper diagnosis of your medical condition and the treatment that may stem from such a diagnosis, we suggest you consult a doctor or related health care professional.
Reporting a breach in data privacy
If you believe your data is unprotected or in breach of GDPR regulations, please contact email@example.com(opens in new tab) or your aggregated local authorities.